About Once Upon a Word: We're a large group of multi-talented authors working together, to bring you the best romances.

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Spirts, Romance and Murder... Afterlife by Cecilia Corona #ghosts #romance

So happy to be able to let everyone in on how I came up with the idea for my story Afterlife.

My new story Afterlife is featured in a Valentine's Day Anthology: Be My Everything.
Let me start off with the description of my story, then we can get to how I came up with the idea to write it!

About the Book:
Scotlynn Marjun, a psychic medium, is finally turning her life around when she opens up her shop called Afterlife where she helps clients – both living and dead – find peace, but then a past love shows up to shake things up. Marshall Kingston is rich, handsome, and a real charmer, but when his stepmother plans his murder, he seeks his ex-girlfriend’s special talents to bring justice to his family. Murder. Mayhem. Ghosts. Valentine’s Day promises to be an adventure of a lifetime.

Now for how the idea came to be. 
I am a Massage Therapist and I believe in ghosts. Lets just get that out there before I go any further. One day at work, while I was massaging a client, I kept feeling something brush up against my leg and it kept freaking me out. So of course my mind instantly goes to there must be a ghost in the room.

I laugh now at myself for thinking that. I mean why would a ghost be inside the Massage Room? When I get up from my stool, I feel something brush up against my leg again. When I look down, I realize it's the sheet! I couldn't help but silently giggle at myself. At this point my writer's cap goes on and my mind starts racing with ideas.

After leaving the room, I had the idea of a woman who is a Massage Therapist who could not only see ghosts but is also a psychic. The rest of the story fell into place when I started writing. I really enjoyed writing this story. Scotlynn has to be my favorite woman character I've written thus far.

Scotlynn is smart, gorgeous and very strong willed. Everyone loves a strong female heroine and I feel Scotlynn fits that description. 

I plan on writing more stories with Scotlynn and I can't wait to share them with you.

Check out my links below to my social media accounts as well as my website and make sure you join my newsletter mailing list for all the updates! You can find all my other stories I've written there too.

Join me every Friday on my website for my Reading Corner, where I write about my favorite books from some of my favorite authors.

Not sure if you want to read one of my stories? Join me on Sundays for #snippetsunday for snippets of my stories and find out what catches your interest.

Until Next Time.  Thanks for stopping by.

Cecilia Corona Website

Facebook

Amazon Author Page



10 comments:

  1. I chuckled when I read about your thinking the sheet was a ghosts. Too funny.

    I enjoyed your story Afterlife. Action, romance and the paranormal rolled into a suspenseful tale. Can't wait to read more Scotlynn adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love hearing where writers get their inspiration for certain books, and yours is especially fun, Cecilia! It sounds like a great story. I love the whole aura of mystery about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I swear my story ideas never come from something normal. It always involves something strange.

      Delete
  3. Even though I do not believe in ghosts, I found your story idea so intriguing. Wouldn't it be cool to have such a talented therapist who could help with those in the afterlife? I think you have a fantastic story idea.
    I wish you every success and happiness, Celcilia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cecilia, it is nice to meet a fellow PbRJV author. I admire your imagination as I'm an author who doesn't venture into the paranormal in my books. I love your heroine's name. Very unique and easily remembered. I wish you success with this book and all future books about Scotlynn's adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny story about how I got her name. Truck hauling produce had a similar spelling of the name and I liked it, so I used it.

      Delete

Comments relevant to the blog post are welcome as long as they are noninflammatory and appropriate for everyone of all ages to read.
Thank you for your interest and input.