Do you remember passing out Valentine cards when you were in school? I couldn't wait to pass them out to all my friends. Some of the sayings were funny and some down right corny. Here are some of those silly Valentine sayings. Do you have a few you'd like to share?
1. Map/ globe: You mean the world to me
2. Chap stick: Read my lips, Valentine…I’m yours
3. Cookie cutter: You’re a cut above the rest
4 Socks: We're the perfect pair
5. Google Eyes: I’ve got my eyes on you
6. Crazy straws: I’m crazy for you
7. Sewing kit: You’re sew special to me
8. Band Aids: I'm stuck on you
9. Magnet: Can’t resist your pull
10. Friendship bracelet: Our class would knot be the same without
11. Candle: You light up my life
12.Dry erase/ chalk board: I’m never board when you’re around
13. Socks: You knock my socks off
14. Watch: You make my heart go tick tock
15. Light bulb: I love you a whole watt
16. Paper/electric fan: You blow me away
17. Toothbrush: I can’t smile with out you
18. Painted twigs: Stick with me, Valentine
19. Typewriter doodle: You’re just my type
20. Sheep doodle: I love ewe
21. Owl doodle: Owl be you’re friend forever
22. Star Wars: You’re the obi-one for me
23. Clothes pins: I’d love to hang out with you
24. Rocket ship: You’re outta this world
25. Owl doodle: You’re a hoot
26. Deer doodle: You’re a deer to me
27. Maze: I think you’re a-maze-ing
28. Flower: I’d pick you any day
29. Thumbprint: Thumb-body loves you30. Pixie sticks: Stick with me, Valentine
31.Chocolate coins: Don't ever change Valentine32. Gum: I chews you as my Valentine
33. Mints: We’re mint to be34.Tootsie rolls: Happy Valentine, toots!
35. Pop Rocks: You rock, Valentine
36. Krackel chocolate bars: You krack me up37. Snickers: Thanks for making me snicker
38. Hot tamales: You’re one hot tamale
39. Butterfinger: Life is butter with you in it
40. Any candy: You’re sweet41.Blow pop: You blow me away, Valentine!
30. Hershey kisses: A kiss for my Valentine
31. Life Savers: Valentine, you float my boat
Barbara Miller teaches in the Writing Popular Fiction graduate program at Seton Hill University and is Reference Librarian at Mount Pleasant, PA Public Library. She has published historical and contemporary romances, mysteries, young adult books, a storybook and a paranormal novel. Two of her plays have been performed at the Pittsburgh New Works Festival. You may email the author at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit her Website.
Lindsay Downs author of A Valentine Wedding (Regency/ suspense. A lovely damsel seeks a brave hero to be her champion in this regency romance.)
Lindsay has been an avid reader ever since he was old enough to hold a red leather The Lady of the Lake in my lap.
So it only seemed natural at some point in his life he took up pen and paper to start writing. Over time his skills slightly improved which he attribute to his English teachers.
His breakthrough came about in the mid 1970's when he read a historical romance written by Sergeanne Golon, Angelique. This French husband and wife team opened his eyes to the real world of fiction. Stories about romance, beautiful damsels, handsome heroes and plots, which kept him, hooked. Of course, being a man, he had to keep his reading hidden from others as that wasn't appropriate reading for men.
His debut regency romantic suspense was released in 2012.
He lives in central Texas, and is a member of Romance Writers of America and their local chapter.
Rebecca J. Vickery author of Clint's Choice (Contemporary Romance. A runaway bride returns home, but can the handsome cowboy convince her not to run again.)
Rebecca J. Vickery has been married to the same very patient man for quite a while now. She has one son, a special daughter-in-law, and three wonderful grandchildren.
She lives in South Carolina, USA, and slips away to go camping at Myrtle Beach whenever possible. Long walks on the beach help her to unwind and often ignite her imagination with new stories.
She enjoys the challenge of adding a special twist to her stories of romance. Usually they involve the paranormal, mystery, adventure, suspense, or a bit of fantasy along the way to a happy ever after ending.
Mrs. Vickery also branched out into speculative fiction and has several short stories published in that genre. She owns Publishing by Rebecca J. Vickery, a small independent company, and also Victory Tales Press, where invited authors share their stories in various anthologies.
You may visit Rebecca at these sites online:
She loves to hear from readers and fellow authors.
Cecilia Corona is a massage therapist by day and enjoys the adventures of writing by night. When she's not sitting at her computer plotting her next tale, she's enjoying the Southern California weather. She loves movies, animals of all kinds, especially her three dogs, and she's a big fan of mermaids. When she was young and saw the movie Splash for the first time, she believed sprinkling salt in the bathtub would magically allow her to grow a tail. She was sadly disappointed when the experiment didn't work. If she can't be a mermaid, then maybe she'll just have to write about them.
Denise Stout author of A Latte Love (Contemporary Romance- You'll be charmed by this sweet hometown tale. Coffee and romance to go, please.)
Denise Stout dreamed about writing from a very early age, guided along the way by some special teachers who took interest in her writing and encouraged her to pursue her words in print. She loves to write stories about strong women who strive for the best in life, sometimes faltering, but who always have the fortitude to pick themselves back up again while finding love along the way.
A frequent contributor to FindSubscriptionBoxes.com, she also reviews books, movies, and products. She received her Bachelor of Arts from the University of Delaware. When not driving carpools, watching her boys play sports from the sidelines, volunteering or other activities, she loves to read. And write. Or watch Jane Austen adaptations. Denise lives in the Baltimore area with her husband and three sons. You may email the author at: email@example.com
/Facebook / Pinterest
Karen Michelle Nutt author of Heart of the Sea (Contemporary romance/mermaids: A mermaid loses her ability to return to the sea, but when she meets the new restaurant owner, she finds being landlocked holds a certain charm. )
Karen Michelle Nutt resides in California with her husband, three fascinating children, and houseful of demanding pets. Jack, her Chorkie, is her writing buddy and sits long hours with her at the computer.
When she's not time traveling, fighting outlaws, or otherworldly creatures, she creates pre-made book covers to order at Gillian's Book Covers, "Judge Your Book By Its Cover". You can also check out her published cover art designs at Publishing by Rebecca J. Vickery and Highland Press.
Whether your reading fancy is paranormal, historical or time travel, all her stories capture the rich array of emotions that accompany the most fabulous human phenomena—falling in love.
Amazon Author's Page / Facebook / Goodreads / Twitter @KMNbooks /Google+ / Pinterest / Linkedin /KMN Books Blogspot